Capacity & Facilities
The Schuyler County Jail is capable of housing 30 inmates in five cell blocks, one detention cell, and one dormitory cell. The jail has indoor and outdoor recreation facilities and a jail library.
Services & Programs
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Anger Management
- Church and Bible Study
- Mental Health
Jail staff includes:
- 17 full-time corrections officers
- 10 part-time corrections officers
- 2 registered nurses
- 2 part-time cooks
- Each inmate is allowed 2 - one hour visitations per week.
- Visitors must have a photo ID issued by a government agency.
- Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or a legal guardian, with the legal guardian possessing legal documents proving they are the legal guardian.
- Anyone visiting an inmate must wear conservative clothing and cannot be under the influence of alcohol or drugs; anyone in violation of this will not be allowed to visit the inmate.
- No books, reading material, or Polaroid pictures may be brought in and dropped off for inmates.
- Newspapers and magazines must be sent through the mail from a publisher and directly addressed to the inmate.
- Clothing is permissible to bring in to the inmate with the approval of the jail administrator. You may contact the Jail Administrator at (607) 535-8228.
- Every person entering the jail will be required to pass through a metal detector.
Hours of Visitation
| NOTE: Visitors must arrive 10-15 minutes prior to the visitation period that they want to be admitted to, in order to allow for ample time to be signed in by the Visitation Officer.
Pay Location Code #5310
A 5% fee for service will be added to the amount of fees due if paid by phone.
A 3.5% fee for service will be added to the amount of fees due if paid online.